- Stylish and convenient stereo headphones
- Neodymium magnets deliver excellent sound; 13.5 mm driver offers wider dynamic range
- Metal housings cut vibration
- Three sizes of earbuds included to fit your ears
- Hard leather case holds your headphones; 1.2 meter cord for ease of use
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
- audio equipment e.g. mixers, microphones;
- amateur radio equipment (namely CQShop and Tung Shing);
- automobile paraphernalia (specialty shops);
- Backpacks (new);
- camera lenses (used);
- cameras (used);
- cell phones (new / used);
- clothing (new / used);
- consumer electronics (new / used);
- electrical appliances (used);
- electronic parts (new);
- fishing rods (new);
- florescent light tube, different colors, shapes, and sizes (new);
- hand tools (new / used);
- handheld radios (FRS/ham/commercial/marine);
- headphones and earphones (Real McCoys/Knock Offs/Chinese Brands);
- hi-fi (new/used);
- phones, wired or wireless (mobile/DECT/2.4GHz/5.6GHz -new / used);
- photographic accessories (new);
- pots and pans (used);
- power tools (used);
- radio-controlled toys (new);
- remote controls for TV, hi-fi, air-conditioners (new/used);
- satellite dishes and reception equipment (new);
- security monitoring equipment (new);
- telescopes and binoculars (new);
- TV sets (used);
- tripods and mono pods (new);
- watches (new/used);
If you are making a purchase at on of the stalls along the street be prepared to do some haggling and you will get a price reduction.
Inevitably if you are familar with the original product you would be able to spot the differences between the real and the fakes. As for sound quality, whilst sound quality on some of these fakes I have listened to are quite good in my opinion, they are still not the same as originals as the drivers and the materials are just not at all like the originals and performance will not be on a par.
Another way to spot a pair of fakes is the huge difference in price between the fake and the originals, you cannot expect that you are getting a genuine pair of headphones if you are paying on a fraction of the real price. Many of these fakes are being touted widely on ebay as the real Mcoy. So buyer beware, don't start making a big nosie and fuss if you paid under $50.00 for a pair of headsets that would cost well over $150.00. Let's face it, there just is no free lunch and you should not be so vain.
Even though we see so many knock offs emerging, I will take my hat off to those manaufacturers who are producing quality headphones and earbuds which are not knock offs and either have their own brand or in some cases no branding at very low prices. I have found some unknown headphones and earbuds selling for peanuts but the performance being in the upper price categories. Hi fives and kudos to those manufacturers who produce the high quality non-knock-offs at very economical prices.
But if you go and buy something cheap with a major brand name, I would not start to complain about your item being fake as you should really have known better. Just don't buy them if they seem unreasonably low priced. Just my 2 cents.
I would think the cases would be suitable for other players having the same size and thickness as the Ipod.
- Manual set time/date
- Hour and minute display
- Weekday, date and month display
- Simultaneous display of all weather information
- Touch-screen display plus key button operation
- Bright green HiGlo™ backlighting for easy night viewing
- Wireless indoor temperature (ºF or ºC), humidity, and pressure (from remote) Can also display indoor dew point.
- Wireless outdoor temperature (ºF or ºC) and humidity (solar powered sensor) Can also display outdoor dew point or wind chill temperature.
- Display data from any one of up to three possible wireless outdoor temperature and humidity sensors
- Minimum and maximum values for all measurements since last reset, including time and date of occurrence
- Current barometric pressure (hPa or inHg)
- Barometric pressure bar chart history (last 24 hours)
- Weather forecast icon (sunny, partly cloudy, cloudy, rain)
- 12-24 hour weather forecast within a 20 to 30 mile radius
- Wireless self-emptying rain gauge (solar powered) tracking rainfall rate and amount for last 24 hours and total since last reset (inch or mm)
- Wireless wind-gauge (solar powered) tracking wind speed and wind direction (km/h, m/s, mph, or knots)
- Programmable alarm mode for time and certain weather conditions (up to 29 possible alarms)
- Low-battery indicator
- Main display unit powered by AC adapter and battery backup
- Solar-powered remote sensors with battery backup (Ten foot long cable between solar panel and sensor)
- Includes solar-powered rain gauge, anemometer, outdoor thermo-hygrometer, touch-screen display and indoor thermo-hygrometer
- PC compatible (with optional RS-232 serial cable and software (not included)
- Wall mount or free-standing (fold out stand)
- Temperature range (indoor): 23 to 122°F (-5 to 50°C)
- Temperature range: (outdoor): –58 to 158°F (-50 to 70°C)
- Temperature resolution: 0.2°F (0.1°C)
- Humidity range: 25% to 90%
- Humidity resolution: 1%
- Dew point range (indoor): 23 to 122°F (-5°C to 50°C)
- Dew point range: (outdoor): 14 to 140°F (-10 to 60°C)
- Dew point resolution: 2°F (1°C)
- Wind chill range: -61.6 to 140°F (-52 to 60°C)
- Wind chill resolution: 2°F (1°C)
- Barometric air pressure range: 17.72 to 31.01 inHg
(600 to 1050 mb)
- Air pressure resolution: 0.03 inHg (1 mb)
- Temperature/Humidity/Pressure Measuring interval: 180 seconds
- Wind speed range: 0 to 125.3 mph (0 to 56 m/s)
- Wind speed resolution: 0.4 mph (0.2 m/s) (typical)
- Wind direction range: 0° to 359° (Degrees)
- Wind direction digital resolution: 1° (typical)
- Wind direction graphical resolution: 10°
- Wind speed/direction measuring interval: 14 seconds
- Rainfall range: 0 to 393.7 in (0 to 9999 mm)
- Rainfall rate: 0 to 393.7 in/hr (0 to 9999 mm/hr)
- Rainfall range resolution: 0.04 in (1 mm)
- Rainfall rate resolution: 0.04 in/hr (1 mm/hr) typical
- Rainfall measurement: 0.01 inches per tip of bucket
- Rainfall range accuracy (<15>
- Rainfall rate accuracy (15 to 99 mm/hr): ±5% error
- Rainfall measuring interval: 47 seconds
- Power requirements (base): AC Adapter with 4 AA Alkaline batteries for backup
- Power requirements (indoor sensor): 4 AAA Alkaline batteries
- Power requirements (outdoor sensors): Solar powered with 2 AA Alkaline batteries for backup
- Battery life: approximately 12 months
- Transmission frequency band: 433 MHz
- Transmission range: up to about 330 feet in open air
- Base receiver: 8.1" x 5.5" x 1.5"
(204mm x 139mm x 39mm)
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Well many Saturdays ago, I was in just one of these shops looking around the Chinese made earbuds and was looking at a pair that had the outer shell made of wood (the sign said that it was Teak?). Then this shop assistant comes up to me and begins to tout them saying "Very good, Chinese JBL Pro Standard", of course I thought this was typical hype.
He continued - "Try, try, you like", so I guessed what the heck and asked him to plug them in. I listened to them through a Little Dot Mk 1 which was connected to a Sony CD player and placed a Scott Hamilton saxophone CD which I had in my bag and pressed play. Immediately I was so drawn into the pace of the music produced by these wooden cans, it was unbelievable, the highs were so crisp and clear, so much detail could be heard. The sound stage was so well defined and not too large or small and seemed just right. My only feeling was the bass extension was slightly less then norm but quite frankly more then adequate.
The shop assistant then proceeded to produce a real pair of JBL earbuds and also a pair of Shure earbuds and let me compare the three pairs. I just could not believe it, the wooden buds beat them all and it was basically no contest. So I asked him, how much for these wooden so called Chinese JBL Pro earbuds. He told me the price and it blew me away, take a guess? No idea, they were $5.00. Who could argue, so I took away two pairs. These are some of the best stock earbuds in my collection which consistently blow the $150 plus cans out of the water. In fact they look a little like the JVC HP-FX500, except the JVC use a different type of wood which is much darker and retail for about US$130.00. All I can say is amazing, and worthwhile spending the $10.00.
We shall be seeing more and more high quality Chinese earphones and headphones emerging in the near future. I don't really care if there is any branding or not, it's the quality the leaves you bewildered. Not much on specs, very brief:
from 8Hz to 28kHz
drivers are 9mm
weight 7.5 grams
Friday, September 26, 2008
Inside the iQube:
Your Music. Way Better.
Why settle for basic, built-in sound from your stereo speakers or headphones? Get ready to turn all of your MP3s into your own personal concert and hear your movies in virtual surround sound. Immerse yourself in audio that surrounds you.
|Stunning surround sound from your stereo speakers|
Now, you can enjoy virtual surround sound through your stereo speakers with the Creative Xmod. Expand your stereo MP3 music and digital movies. Voices are centered in front of you. Ambient sound appears all around you... just like a live performance.
|A headphone experience that's more immersive than ever|
Hear the difference even with headphones. X-Fi CMSS-3D expands music from your headphones outwards, so that it sounds like you're surrounded by multiple virtual speakers. You'll feel like you're sitting in with your favorite band, or that you've been dropped into the best seat in the movie theater.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP (Service pack 2, x64 Edition or Media Center Edition)
- Intel Pentium® III (1GHz or equivalent) or AMD Processor
- 256 MB RAM
- Available USB port
X-Fi Website: http://www.x-fi.com/
Xmod Demo: http://www.x-fi.com/videodemo/crystalizer.asp
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Larger sized drivers yields distinct improvements in sound clarity, and greater efficiency.with lower drive levels. These earphones are rated at 106 dB/mW whereas all the ones with the 9 mm drivers are rated only at 100 dB/mW ( a 6 dB improvement!). With about 3dB we would all hear a clear difference in the volume level.Testing out the earphones the human voice came out more naturally and I could hear deeper bass and clearer highs with more overtones and longer resonances. The mid range is sweet and listening to saxophone was particularly enjoyable. The highs are crisp and not shrill and the lows are deep and rich. The in canal ear buds are very comfortable and do not hurt after protracted periods unlike some others.
The use of 13.5mm drivers gives IMHO gives far better dynamic range and significantly better bass extension besides delivering more natural sounds.
They are in my opinion, a better buy than the Etymotic ER6 which I have listened to.The rubber is softer and much more comfortable than the Etymotics which always end up irritating my ear canal to no end. The MDR-EX90's produced warmer, more pleasant sounds then my Shure or Eytomotic earbuds when compared.
Type: Closed, dynamic
Driver Units: 13.5 mm (CCAW adopted), dome type
Power Handling Capacity: 200mW (IEC)
Impedance: 16 ohms at 1kHz
Frequency Response: 5 - 25000 Hz
Cord: 1.2m, Oxygen Free Copper litz cord
Plug: Gold-plated, L-shaped stereo mini plug
Weight: 7 g (without cord)
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
See all MP3 Players & Accessories reviews at Expotv.com
See all Headsets & Earphones reviews at Expotv
Friday, September 19, 2008
The E5 will be available before november! so far ,all is ok, and we are testing the sample now!
So now we have the ETA!
If music be the food of Love, Play on...
- Standard 75 ohm construction; Crimp Pin & Sleeve
- DC to 200MHz; >26dB Return Loss (<1.1>
- Absolutely No Soldering Required
- Assembly Time Reduced by 80%
- Superior cable pull strength
- Internal Pressure Contact Fingers
- Gold plated center Shaft
- Easy Assembly using Canare Strip & Crimp Tools
- Operating temperature -20 to +60 degrees Celsius
- Multimedia Patchcords
- Hi-Res Video Monitors
- SPDIF Digital Audio
- Duplication Decks
- VCR and Camcorders
- Audio Digital Interconnects
- Home Theater Installations
- Connects your PORTABLE SOURCE to your home stereo`s left/right stereo audio inputs
- Conveniently plugs into PORTABLE SOURCE headphone jack
- Extra-long 7ft. (2.13m) cable for the most convenient placement of your PORTABLE SOURCE
- 24k gold contact Turbine design connectors for maximum signal transfer
- DoubleHelix construction with dual tightly twisted conductors rejects EMI and RF interference
- Duraflex jacket for easier routing and enhanced protection
Superior Monster Construction for Superior Sound
The frequency response for the Studio Monitors are quite wide - 5 Hz ~ 30KHz, some people have commented that there is a slight booming of bass around 70-80Hz. In reality the Studio Monitors are quite flat and allot is depends on the "quality" of the source equipment. The headphones are very comfortable and the sound reproduction from them is excellent. Bass and treble extensions are dealt with quite well and the headphones score a 4.3 out of 5.
Designed and engineered for High End Applications, Sony's MDR-V900 Studio Monitor Series Stereo Headphones are right for you. Features include: Circum-Aural Earcup Design, a Large, an Aura-Nomic Design 50mm Driver Unit, an Oxygen-Free Copper Voice Coil, Reversible Earcups, a Cushioned Headband, a Concealed, Single-Sided Class 1 LC-OFC Coiled Cord, and Super High Power Handling Capacity. Listen to the sound of quality with the MDR-V900.
Studio Monitor Series Headphones
incorporates state-of-the art engineering design to produce excellent sound quality and wearing comfort to accommodate high end consumer or professional applications.
Circum-Aural Earcup Design
in the natural shape of the human ear positions the driver unit at a correct distance from the ear canal and creates a sealed resonance chamber over the earlobe itself, reducing pressure on the ear for a more comfortable fit, especially during extended listening sessions
50mm Aura-Nomic Designed Driver Unit
is positioned within the earcup at an angle which directly corresponds to the angle of the opening of the ear canal for the most natural listening experience possible
is small, yet five times more powerful than a ferrite magnet of comparable size, to provide a better headphone without increasing the overall size and weight of the driver unit; The stronger the magnet used to provide the return energy of the voice coil and diaphragm, the more accurate the driver unit will be in reproducing the entire sound spectrum
Oxygen-Free Copper Voice Coil
construction provides exceptionally high power handling capability of up to 3,000mW
Amorphous Diamond Evaporated Diaphragm
stiffen the drivers to maximize their tonal qualities while minimizing additional weight for much more natural sound
with supplied carrying case offers the convenience of easier portability
for Single-Side Monitoring to let vocalists and musicians hear external surrounding sounds naturally while simultaneously listening through one side of the headphones
adds to wearing comfort and a better overall fit
Concealed, Single-Sided Cord
extends to nearly 10 ft. without getting in the way when you're closer to the source
Class 1 Oxygen-Free Copper (LC-OFC) Connecting Cord
is highly conductive for maximum signal transmission with the lowest possible signal noise or distortion
Gold-Plated Stereo Unimatch® Plug Adaptor
with built-in self-cleaning permits use with standard 1/4" jacks on hi-fi components or stereo mini jacks on personal audio products; screw-type design for a more secure connection; gold plating maximizes contact efficiency to help prevent sound deterioration after many years of use
MDR V900 Studio Monitor Specifications
- Cord Length : 9.8 ft. (3m) extended
- Driver Unit : 50mm diameter with oxygen-free voice coil and neodymium magnet
- Frequency Response : 5Hz - 30kHz
- Impedance : 24 ohms
- Maximum Power Handling Capacity : 3,000mW
- Plug : Gold-plated stereo UniMatch plug, self-cleaning screw-type design
- Rated Power : 1,000mW
- Sensitivity : 107dB/mW
- Type : Dynamic closed-type with circum-aural design
Thursday, September 18, 2008
|Driver Diameter||30 mm|
|Frequency Response||12 ~ 23,000Hz|
|Maximum Input Power||100 mW|
|Connector||Ø3.5mm mini-stereo, gold-plated|
|Colour||ATH-ON3 LGR (Lime Green)|
Thanks for your interesting in our E5, the detail information now are available in head-fi, you may read the thread! and about the retail price, I can tell you what would happen in china mainland market, it will be about 16USD , but about the oversea market or ebay, consider of the shipping cost, I can't tell you the price!
Thanks and best regards!
James Zhong (FiiO)
They are also thinking about a DAC unit version, would that be the E7?
If music be the food of Love, Play on...
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
What I have always hated with these sets is the el-cheapo foam pads which they use for ear pads, they are uncomfortable and do not last very long. So today after work I decided I would go and buy some leatherette type ear pads and fit them to the PortaPro replacing the el-cheapos! So here are the pics of the conversion, before and after:
Photo 1 above: The new leatherette pads before insertion.
Photo 2 above: The Koss PortaPro's with the el-cheapo foam pads before removal.
Photo 3 above: The Koss PortaPro's with the new ear pads in place.
With the conversion my ears don't hurt as much using the PortaPro headphones and the end result also provides better external sound isolation making the whole listening experience much better then using the el-cheapo foam pads. There is less sound leakage and therefore I am hearing also more detail at lower volume levels then before.
The following earbuds have no maker's name or model to go by and they were given to me as a gift.
There are even no specifications except that the frequency response is from 20Hz to 20,000Hz and that is it. I was told that they retail across the border from here (10 mins. on the MTR east route rail to Shenzhen) for only US$6.28.
As for sound quality, they are slightly better then a pair of stock ipod buds but I would say are in the vanilla category.
The packaging is another story and is as cute as can be, I really don't think I will be using them for any serious listening but they are quite a nice fun pair of cans in a can for packaging. So I have named them "Cans in a can" for obvious reasons. A nice novelty and conversation piece over coffee with some head-fi friends.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Apart from the great ambiance, sound stage, air and timbre recreated by these cans, the full impact of the music can be rendered like recreating a masterpiece painting in your ears and not before your eyes. The down size is that I consider them bulky and uncomfortable for protracted periods of listening. They do win hands down on the sound isolation department and cut out outside noise. I do use these for mixing and burning of CD tracks. These belong in the winners arena.
Out of a 5 I will give these cans 4.7 rating, deductions for not being comfortable for long durations. The bass impact is incredible on these headphones sinking in deep into the lower registers and holding tight all the way without feeling muddy. A real sonic experience, the mid range is so utterly sweet and refined.
- Manufacturer :Pioneer
- Model Number:HDJ-1000
- Product Type Headphones
- Weight 9.5 oz
- Additional Features Gold-plated plug
- Headphones Type Headphones - Binaural
- Headphones Form Factor Ear-cup
- Headphones Technology Dynamic
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Sound Output Mode Stereo
- Response Bandwidth 5 - 30000 Hz
- Impedance 40 Ohm
- Diaphragm 2 in
- High power input (3,000mW) for monitoring a high level of sound, and a hermetically sealed body with high sound-insulating ability.
These are definitely a pair of cans for those starting at entry level at around US$18.00 on the web, the design and looks are good and the sound is definitely a 4.3 rating out of 5 for a pair of low priced range cans. A difficult act to beat.
So what are the disadvantages, there is slight coloration in the middle and lower registers (I would expect this as normal for cans in this price range), but hey remember we are talking about a pair of great looking entry level cans for the starter at under US$20.00 who wants something sleek, good looking easy to use and great for general music listening.
Manufacturer's product description:
Model: JVC HA-RX300
Product Type: Headphones
Weight: 6.8 oz
Recommended Use: Home audio system, portable audio system
Additional Features: Gold-plated plug
Headphones Type: Headphones - binaural
Headphones Form Factor: Ear-cup
Connectivity Technology: Wired Sound
Output Mode: Stereo
Response Bandwidth: 12 - 22000 Hz
Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
Impedance: 32 Ohm
Diaphragm: 1.6 in
- Ear-direct structure with inclined unit for powerful sound.
- Twist action structure for more comfort during prolonged use
Further up the scale in the JVC series is the HA - RX5oo which is up the range at US$30.00, see below: