Monday, June 16, 2008

Excellent Light Weight Heaphones - Sennheiser PX-200


The Sennheiser PX-200 headphones are built to very high specs, and the stainless steel headband and stainless steel hinges which make them very durable indeed. When the headphones are unfolded they snap into place with a click sound. The extremely flexible cable is no ordinary wire, but, OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) reinforced with Kevlar (material used in bullet proof jackets no less). The ear pads which are covered with leather are replaceable making them modular in construction. You will see from the photographs that I have a pair of them, One set in black and one set in white.

The white pair I use with my Oregon Scientific Discman which I listen to on my daily commute to and from the office when I am on the train. The black pair was originally purchased for use with my Kchibo KK-S500 portable worldband radio ( I will talk about the rather special portable in another post). However I do use them for general use on my radios at night when I do not wish to disturb the rest of the household. So you can see thet they were so good, I purchased two sets.

And it is my recommendation to you to try out a pair, you will not be sorry with these German headphones.

The Sennheiser PX 200 are extremely light weight at only 60 grams. The ear pads are covered with leather are very comfortable and two additional pads have been provided just under the band, which would rest on the head, there are no issues about these being uncomfortable at all. The headband provides just enough lateral force to get the cups to seal the ears, but not so much that it's uncomfortable.


Manufacturer: Sennheiser Electronics Corp.
Part number: PX 200


General Recommended Use:
The noise canceling feature keeps out ambient sounds on buses, trains and airplanes. Plus, they are portable for easy transport.


Product Type: Headphones
Weight: 2.1 oz
Features: Foldable
Type: Binaural
Form Factor: Semi-open
Technology: Dynamic
Connectivity: Wired
Output Mode: Stereo
Bandwidth: 10 - 21000 Hz
(THD): 0.1 %
Impedance: 32 Ohm
Magnet: Neodymium


Conclusion: Best value for money if you are looking for a pair of light weight headphones with good sound quality, you will not be disappointed with them.

No comments: