Saturday, October 4, 2008

Vinatage Cans: Koss Technician VFR.

Back in the days when I was still at college in UK in the late 70s I purchase dmy first hifi system which consisted of a pair of Mission floor standing speakers, the Rotel RA-1412 integrated amplifier which was much loved, a pair of Koss Technician VFR headphones, a Technics turntable with a SME 3009 series III tonearm mounted using a shure V15 cartridge.

I miss the old Rotel RA-1412 amplifier, I think it was amongst one of the best sounding amps that I ever owned and of course I miss the Koss Technician VFR headphones. The VFR's were unfortunately crushed and damaged beyond repair when I was moving house and I never got around to replacing them, something I still regret to this day.


They were are very good sounding set of can and the VFR stands for variable frequency control. They were the only set of headphones that you could tailor the frequency response for each driver individually.


Although I do not have any information any more on their specifications, I have found some photos which I would like to share with you. If you have any information on their specification, please email me.


I am looking around for a pair in good mint condition and hope to find a pair someday.

No comments: