Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Rockwell Collins "Pro Mark" KWM-380 (S/N: 926)

I am the proud owner of a KWM-380 serial no. 926. This is a revolutionary transceiver made by Rockwell Collins some 30 years ago and is in very high demand even today on the secondhand market. They are no longer in production. Speculation on the no. of production units still exists but it is agreed that the figure is somewhere between 2,500 to 3,000 units ever to be produced. The unit price during the production day was in the region of US$6,500 a unit and they can fetch between US$2,500 to US$5,000 today secondhand dependant on the unit configuration. This is a radio that I am unlikely to part with. I am also a member of the Collins Radio Association. To the best of my knowledge this is the only Rockwell Collins KWM-380 in existence in Hong Kong.

It has the Kiron modification and has two optional filters...the 1.7khz SSB and 360 hz CW filter. The case as you can see is in excellent condition.


No comments: